Check out our upcoming events below. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- This event has passed.
September 2015 – 200hr Yoga Teacher Training w/ Kundalini Fusion
September 13, 2015 - October 8, 2015$3499
Our Yoga teacher training program will give an in-depth immersion into the Yoga System, observing and analyzing several branches of Yogic philosophy. Our students will be introduced to many perspectives of Yoga from classical Indian philosophy to applied modern theory.
- Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga Classes
- Asana presented with emphasis on proper alignment along with connection to energetic body
- Yoga Philosophy: Hatha, Kundalini, and Tantra Yoga
- In-depth Training in Pranayama and Meditation Practices
- Anatomy Cover 12 Systems of the Body, along with studies of Chakras, Meridians, and Nadi Systems
- Teaching Practice: including sequencing tutorials, adjustment clinics, and final Asana class examination
Nica Yoga 200hr YTT
- With regard to Asana, all core postures will be studied and examined from the base up, equipping all our students with the necessary verbal cues and physical adjustments in order to not only allow you to teach safely, but to deepen our understanding of each Asana, its purpose, movements, rotations, and connection to the energetic body. Asana will be presented from two intersecting perspectives; one with a detailed focus on proper alignment, understanding the actions in the physical body, and the other observing these physical actions and their relation to the esoteric realm and energetic channels, correlating individual Asanas to the Chakras of the subtle energetic body. Asana classes will vary from Vinyasa Flow classes, where poses will be sequenced in dynamic function connected to one breath per movement sequences, classical Hatha style classes, focusing more on static postures, and lyengar style workshops, with an emphasis on alignment.
- Asana and their physical and spiritual benefits rely heavily on its connection to the rhythmic breath and will be practiced with several Pranayama Methods. Pranayama: an ancient art of self-healing will be studied and practiced daily in correlation with Asana, and also on its own. These methods which are usually neglected in normal studio classes are referred to in the classical Hatha Yoga system as advanced practices which are our bridge to the most advanced branch of Hatha Yoga, that of meditation.
- Several methods of meditation will be experienced and taught, introducing practices from Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, and Yoga Nidra. Our senior instructor has over 15 years of meditation practice in several fields of spiritual studies and will introduce our students to many stimulating experiences in consciousness.
- Our Yoga philosophy will cover the core aspects of Hatha Yoga philosophy, also including elements from Kundalini Yoga and Tantra studies, along with an in-depth look at the Yoga Sutras. We will also explore Ayurveda, the sister science of Yoga. Lectures will also include sequencing Hatha and Vinyasa classes, verbal cues, physical adjustments, teaching methods, and also business aspects in the life as an instructor in the growing market of Yoga.
- In our Anatomy course, we will extensively study the 12 systems of the physical body, while tuning in and observing the energetic body learning about the Chakras, Meridians, and Nadi systems.
- Most teacher training programs introduce students with many aspects of yoga, but what is usually neglected is preparing their students in actually becoming an instructor. In our training, we will have several rounds of teaching practice, along with sequencing tutorials, adjustment clinics, and final Asana class examinations.
Sunday, September 13, 2015
- 16:00 – 18:00 Arrival. Settle into your room; tea, juice and fruit by the pool
Monday – Wednesday, September 14 – October 7, 2015
- 06:30 – 08:30 Asana: Vinyasa Flow / Hatha Yoga
- 08:30 – 10:00 Breakfast
- 10:00 – 13:00 Morning session
- 13:00 – 15:00 Lunch / study break / siesta
- 15:00 – 17:30 Afternoon yoga practice & session
- 17:30 – 19:00 Dinner / rest
- 19:00 – 21:00 Evening session & lecture
**Sundays during the program students will not have any classes. Breakfast will still be provided, but lunch and dinner students will be on their own to purchase/prepare meals, as many times groups head out into town or surrounding beaches/areas to explore**
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Breakfast is served at 8am day of departure shall you choose to stay and share one last meal together.
Stevie Ray – 500 RYT, E-RYT 200
Stevie Ray is a 500 RYT instructor primarily stationed out of Rishikesh, India. He completed his training at Rishikesh Yog Peeth and has continued his studies under senior Hatha and Iyengar instructors Ashish Darma, Pankaj Dharma, and Usha Devi. Stevie has been an Asana instructor and lecturer at several 200 hour teacher training programs including, Rishikesh Yog Peeth (India, 2013), Blackbird Yoga (Arizona, USA, 2013), and Himalayan Yoga Academy (Rishikesh, India, 2014-15). He also has run alignment workshops and intensives in California, Nicaragua, Ukraine, and Russia. Deeply devoted to his practice, he attempts to share his experience of self-healing which he has found in his path through yoga.
Kelly Russ is a spiritual intuitive, yoga teacher, and a force of nature who has been practicing the healing arts for nearly 15 years. Diagnosed with scoliosis in childhood and placed in a back-brace, her process of healing through yoga began early on. After discovering her psychic abilities as a child, Kelly has devoted herself to the pursuit of deeper levels of consciousness and a journey to self-enlightenment, and to helping her friends, clients and students achieve the same. Kelly’s healing vocation includes everything from leading yoga practitioners to become teachers to engaging in one-on-one therapeutic treatments with private clients. As one who is eternally seeking a meaningful connection to her soul and the Source of Life, Kelly has made it her life’s work to offer her clients and students an amazing space of healing and the opportunity to embark on a journey of soul exploration and of physical and spiritual mending. She recognizes each individual has his or her own path, and is committed to identifying and developing personalized therapeutic treatments for every person with whom she works.
Initially obtaining her Yoga College of India certification in Los Angeles in 2001, Kelly has attained more than 5,000 additional hours of education in such diverse yoga styles as Kundalini, Ashtanga, and Vinyasa Flow, as well as expanded her knowledge of meditation techniques. In recognition of the significance of the mind-body connection, Kelly also studied massage therapy, graduating from the Northern Arizona Muscle Therapy Institute in 2003. In addition, she has studied the bodywork and healing modalities of Myofascial Release, Craniosacral Therapy, Energy Healing, and Thai Massage.
Kelly currently resides between Sedona, Arizona and San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. When not surfing through her own consciousness, Kelly can be found traveling the world in search of new energy, people, and adventure.
All vegetarian/vegan meals are prepared by Nica Yoga’s talented Chefanie (Chef Stefanie) and eaten together. If you have special dietary needs, please let Nica Yoga know prior to the training.
- Guided ATV excursions
- Sea turtle expedition (seasonal, available from July to February)
- Zip line tour
- Horseback Riding
- Jesus Christ statue visit
- Boat tour
- Sunset Cruise
- Laguna de Apoyo
Know before you go
From 4 p.m. onwards
Airport transfer from Managua International Airport (MGA) is included in the price and will be scheduled for the afternoon of Sunday, September 13th. Please be sure to arrive before this time or you will be responsible for your own transportation to Nica Yoga. Return transport FROM Nica Yoga to MGA is NOT included.
The program runs Monday through Saturday, and you will have Sundays off. Sessions begin promptly at 6:30 a.m. and end at 9 p.m.
The training ends at 9 p.m. on October 7th. Breakfast is served at 8 a.m. on the day of departure should you choose to stay and share one last meal together.
The daily schedule is a general guideline. Please be open, the schedule is subject to change.
Special menu request
If you have special dietary needs, please let Nica Yoga know prior to the training. Due to the scarcity and high expense of some food materials, extra charges may be levied for certain dietary needs. Thank you for understanding.
Nica Yoga offer special rates for extended stay guests. Please contact us by clicking the Send Inquiry or Contact Organizer button if you are staying longer than one month.
Participants must arrive no later than Sunday, September 13, 2015. Wifi is available at most homes being used, and also in the common area around the pool. Nicaraguan money or USD are both suitable for purchasing goods in town, and some businesses also take credit/debit card; when in doubt, have some cash handy just in case.
Notice of Living Accommodations
Participants will be living in homes within the small community of El Camino del Sol in San Juan del Sur Nicaragua. Room arrangements will vary according to homes being utilized, but may consist of bunk beds, single beds, twin size beds, etc. Also, A/C will likely NOT be available in most homes, as electricity is very costly in Nicaragua and most homes do not come equipped with them. Please be aware that while all rooms come equipped with at least 1 fan ( and some more), rooms can become hot at times depending on weather. Also, El Camino del Sol is surrounded by lush vegetation and wooded areas. Bugs, to include scorpions, are commonplace around the community and may even make their way into the homes. Understand this is a normal occurrence of living in a jungle setting, and be sure to always shake out your clothes. Electricity can also be hit-or-miss in San Juan del Sur, with power outages lasting hours not uncommon. Most homes are NOT equipped with backup generators, so don’t be surprised if you end up without electricity on occasion for hours at a time. During extremely hot periods, and those periods with little rainfall, we may be under water restrictions as the community is reliant on well water for all our water needs. Please be mindful and cognizant of this, and as with everything else….enjoy Nicarauga for being different than most of our typical Western normalities, and prepare to roll with the punches!!
The deposit of 500 USD is due immediately to reserve your place on the roster. The amount of 1000 USD is due 90 days prior to class start date. The balance is due 31 days prior to class start date. All payments are non-refundable 60 days prior to course.
*Pay in full by June 31, 2015 and Get $250 Off!!
*Pay in full by July 15, 2015 and Get $100 Off!
Program deposits are refundable up to 60 days prior to program, less a $250 service charge. Less than 60 days prior to a program, deposits may be transferred to another program of similar interest occurring within one year. If not used within a year, funds will be forfeited. If we do not have a minimum of 8 students 30 days prior to course, we may cancel the course and refund your money in full. No cash refunds are available after the start of this program. It is a tough program, but the instructor is here to assist you to push past your limits.
Accepted payment methods
Bank wire transfer preferred
Credit card, Paypal